Monday, October 6, 2008

Blog Entry #5

Oct 6th & 7th

Reflect on your experience with the novel October Sky How effective do you think the activities and schedule were for this unit? How does it compare with other novel studies you have done? Do you think you gained more from this type of study? Why or why not?


My experience with the novel October Sky was overall pretty successful. I think that the activities were pretty cool for the novel but I think that they could be a little more interesting. Just writing blogs on each chapter was kind of boring actually. The scheduling was good for the timing. There was enough time given for each one and them overall. This novel study is different compared to the other novel studies that I have done in previous years. I would have liked this novel study more if the assignments were a little more interesting. I think that I might have gained more from this type of study but not as much as I would have liked. If we had done the assignments a little more differently, I think that I would have been able to gain a lot more than I did. 


The novel October Sky was interesting which made me actually read the book, but the assignments didn't appeal to me all that much. At the beginning, I was really into the blog assignments but then I got bored of them so I stopped doing them for awhile. It made me get behind on schedule, which made the last couple of blogs, not as good as the first ones that I did.


Overall though I enjoyed the novel, but think that the assignments could be a little more exiting!

No comments: