Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog #6

Oct 14th Blog Entry #6

Your assignment for today’s blog entry is to explore London’s Globe Theatre. Take the virtual tours and allow yourself to imagine the theatre experience during Shakespeare’s time. Write a short blog entry (minimum of 250 words), describing your impression of the theatre. Do you think you would enjoy seeing a play at the Globe? Where would you like to sit? Why? What is the most interesting thing you have learned about the Globe?


I think that the Globe is really interesting. I think that it would be cold in the winter, but in the summer I think that it would be a wonderful experience to have had. I would definitely want to go and see a play at the Globe because it looks really unique and old fashioned. I have never been to a Shakespeare play or production before and I think that it would be a really fun experience for me. I might get some what confused at first because I don't really understand all their dialogue that well. If I looked into it and studied Shakespeare I"m sure that I would catch on quickly and start to understand what was being said. 


I would want to sit in the middle gallery because in my opinion that is the best seat in the "house". You are looking down on the grounds of where the play was. If you were sitting on the ground floor, you would get a good seat because you would be really close to the cast, but it wouldn't be the greatest. If you were on the upper part of the Globe, you would have to look down and that would be extremely uncomfortable I think, anyways.


The thing that I find very interesting about the Globe is that in three activities there was over 750,000 people per annum. The Globe Theatre was completed in June 1997. To this day the cost of the Globe is approximately 30 million euros. It is estimated that about 20 million in euros is needed to complete the the last couple of projects started. I find that very interesting. And I would love to learn more about how it was build and how big it is also!




No comments: