Monday, September 15, 2008

Letter of Achievement

To: Mr. Keenan

I have now successfully completed my English 10-1 class. It went by extremely quick, but I was able to follow along with the information given to me. Whenever i got stumpted or confused, I just used my past experiences and idea's to get me back on track.

I think that Mr. Keenan is a very good teacher for me. I think this because whenever I didn't understand something, he would try to explain it to me at a level that I would be able to understand it. Every friday we would have a free reading period. Mr. Keenan did these reading periods to help us improve on our grammar and reading comprehension. Also, to help my class with comprehension, we watched the movie Jaws. We also read the the books called October Sky and A Midsummer Nights Dream.

We also did a few large projects, which I thought was a good idea instead of doing multiple small ones. We did some group projects and some individual projects. Working in groups for projects was very convienent because we got to learn how to work together. Working individually was aslo good because you can work at your own pase without your group getting mad at you for working to slow.

We also created a blog asn our English class. It was very confusing at first because I have never done something like it before. It was very convienent because it was alot easier to do assignments on the computer, but it had some problems. I cannot access it at my house so it was difficult to do my assignments, but we eventually figured something out in the end.

Overall, I think that my English 10-1 class was good and successful. Thank you Mr. Keenan for being one of the best english teachers that I have had yet!

From,

Jess Elkin

2 comments:

Mr. Keenan said...

Hello Jess,
Good work, but please take your name off of the assignment. There should be no personally identifying information on your blog. Thanks,
Mr. K

stargirl115. said...

Well done! Keep up the good work
SJK